Generate the subscribe form code
To generate the HTML to embed in your website:
- Click Lists & subscribers.
- Select the list you want to collect signups for.
- On the list page, click Signup forms in the right sidebar.
- On the “Signup forms” page, click Copy/paste a form to your site.
- Add, remove, and reorder your form fields.
6.Click Get the code
7.Copy the HTML code and paste it into your website.
The form builder only shows a basic representation of your signup form. Your own site’s CSS will affect how it looks.
After you generate your signup form code, you can manually edit the HTML. The following should not be removed, as they link the form to your list:
- The form action.
- The email field, which is required.
- Unique identifiers, which look like
Add, remove, and reorder subscribe form fields
A default form only contains “Name” and “Email” fields, however you can:
- Add and remove form fields — Any custom fields added to your subscriber list will be listed below the default fields. Select the checkbox next to the fields you want subscribers to fill in.
- Change the display order — Click and drag the handles to reorder fields:
Add multiple lists to a single subscribe form
If you have more than one list, the other list names are displayed so you can include them on the signup form, allowing people to opt-in to multiple lists at the same time.
If custom fields are included on the form, and the additional lists have custom fields of the same name and type as the original list, the subscriber data submitted will be added to both the original and additional lists. Field names are not case sensitive.
To reduce confusion for subscribers when including multiple lists on the one signup form, make sure the selected lists are either all confirmed opt-in, or all single opt-in. If all the lists are confirmed opt-in, the subscriber will only receive a single confirmation email that will add them to all lists.